Friday, March 9, 2012

Warmer Weather Means Work

As soon as the weather warms and the calendar points to spring, I get the urge to fix things. There is no shortage of work to be done around a twenty-seven year old house and yard. I also get a little panicky that the mild weather, free weekends and 'want to' will dissipate before everything I have in mind gets done. Dale, unfortunately, bears the brunt of my whirling dervish and is commandeered into helping. Last weekend we severely pruned some shrubs  long overdue and this afternoon we painted the garden shed/pump house. Dale built this little structure just a few years after the house was built and this is just the third time paint has been applied. It turned out to be a quick job after I removed the faux window and windowbox, hose reel, farm implements and plant hangers. The cupola still needs a new coat as does the door trim and doors. That will keep for another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment