Monday, March 19, 2012

Highlights from Last Week

We continue to take advantage of the beautiful weather and work in the yard and garden. And when I'm not out there doing that I'm wishing I were.
That's Dale up there painting the cupola

Wisteria bloom--the first one ever for this 4 year old plant.



It took me hours to get this bed ready for the pine straw
Wednesday evening Travis and I went to a TransSiberian Orchestra concert at the Township Auditorium in Columbia. The tickets were my Christmas gift from him. It was a lovely, balmy evening conducive to  walking to an Italian ristorante for dinner and then to the concert several blocks away.
If you know anything about the TSO then you know they are not your typical symphony orchestra. They are mainly known for their Christmas music--hard rock style. This "off season" concert was a tribute to Beethoven. It's high energy to say the least. The audience was diverse. Children to old people--way older than me--and every age in between were wowed by the guitars, strings, keyboard and vocals as they wove a story of Beethoven's last night on earth. I took a couple of pictures without the use of flash (not allowed) because the visuals and lighting were extraordinary. It was a fascinating event and I enjoyed it very much. But even more special was having an evening alone with my son.


No comments:

Post a Comment