Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wild and Crazy Valentine's Day

I know that Valentine's has come and gone but I'm still recovering from the madness. In a round about way I was recruited for duty to help in a florist for Valentine's Day and the day before. It's the largest day of the year for the floral industry and this Greenwood florist hired lots of additional help to satisfy the demand for flowers, bears, balloons and gift baskets for the beloved. My job, primarily, was to arrange flowers--long stem red roses for the most part--and to tie bows. It was hectic and fun at the same time. I'm glad it's over!
This florist is in an old house and the kitchen serves as the design space;

sometimes there were 4 people back here throwing flowers around


The ubiquitous red rose awaiting delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment