Saturday, August 13, 2011

Two Things Afowl

After eighteen weeks of diligent care, our chickens are beginning to reward us with eggs. We've gotten an egg a day for the last four days with the promise of many more to come. At first the eggs are small, so we've read and can now attest to, but will gradually increase to a more standard size. These are about half the size of a store bought egg. I haven't cooked them yet. I guess I'm waiting until we have enough to scramble.
We seem to be attracting other fowl besides chickens. I glanced out our front door this morning to see a gaggle of turkeys crossing our driveway while making their way to the woods via my flower bed. There must have been twenty of them. I could see their heads bobbing among the flowers and on into the piney woods. Perhaps they were returning from a visit to our chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment