Thursday, August 4, 2011

Den Update

I've been trying for the last several months to give our den a little update without really doing anything major. Why the wheels of progress move so slowly, I don't know, but, finally, I've accomplished a couple of the ideas I had in mind. With great pictures from our session with photographer, Paige Stumbo, I made a grid of photos to hang over our desk.
BEFORE

The other project begging to be completed was a slipcover for our red chair. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with the cover on the red chair except that I didn't want it to be red any more and I had purchased fabric in February for remedying this problem. Just today I finished the cover and set the 'new' chair in place. I have some experience in making slipcovers (I covered the sofa in our sunroom) but I'm hardly an expert. I was pretty determined to further hone this craft with this particular chair and it took many hours to complete it to my satisfaction. I'd love to shadow an expert and learn a few tricks of the trade.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment