Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Monkey Shoes

I have come to the conclusion that I'm more of a 'big picture' person when it comes to sewing. If I am to spend hours on a project then I think it should have some mass about it. This realization came to me as I was making these little monkey shoes for Collier. Denim and felt plus iron-on adhesive, velcro, ribbon and a little embroidery were required.

In other words, there was a lot of work involved for something so small and seemingly insignificant. (I've always kind of felt that way about shoes.) Anyway, they're done and I hope he'll get a little wear out of them before he outgrows them. I do know that they'll look cute on his little feet. Of course I expect he'll pull the ears off first thing!

1 comment:

  1. Just got these in the mail today, and they're SOOO cute!! I'll share some pictures once they're on his feet.

    ReplyDelete