Monday, October 31, 2011

New Style Pumpkin

I rarely get around to doing all the crafty things I read about and think I'd like to do, but something about the toile pumpkin on the cover of October's Country Living magazine made me want to replicate that look. I had some toile fabric on hand that I thought would work just fine to use (instead of paper the directions called for) and Modpodge. All I needed was the Funkin. A trip to, new to Greenwood, Hobby Lobby, satisfied that requirement.
While inspecting the fabric, I realized the Scotchgard treatment on the material would prevent it from taking up the Modpodge correctly, so I ditched the toile idea and bought some scrapbook paper in a pattern I liked to do the job.
Here are the results.

First step was to paint the Funkin white.

After cutting the papers in one inch strips, I stuck them to the Funkin with the Modpodge.

  Then I brushed the Funkin with two coats of Modpodge, letting it dry between coats.
I grouped the faux pumpkin with some natural ones for a foyer display.

No comments:

Post a Comment