Sunday, February 6, 2011

January Musing

I have come to the conclusion that there are three reasons why January makes me spend hours cleaning and clearing out my house: the Christmas clutter has been put away, the new year brings a sense of new beginnings and the winter weather prevents me from starting any projects in the yard or garden. But whatever the reason, this bee that I have in my bonnet has been buzzing around my head more than usual this year and I have cleaned out drawers, rearranged furniture, boxed up donations and delegated attic furnishings to a consignment store in greater quantity than ever before. In fact, I’m beginning to think it has something to do with turning sixty this year. If I haven’t used it in the past decade—out it’s going. Or, perhaps, it’s OCD creeping in. No matter the reason, I hope my enthusiasm for lightening up my digs doesn’t subside before the weather takes a turn for the better and my horticultural endeavors beckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment